Friday, December 16, 2005

Intro

I'm Travis Brooks, the SPIRES Database Manager at SLAC. We receive many comments every day about the service we provide to the community and I'd like to inspire people to discuss features and other aspects of the databases in a public forum, rather than by email which only I can see.

In particular I've recently added some "experimental metrics" to the citesummary pages. This provoked a lot of comment, and I realized this could be better handled in a blog type forum. For the moment I've decided to host it at blogger, and it's not an "official" SLAC/SPIRES resource. This means it could go away whenever. It also means that what I post here are my private opinions, not neccessarily those of SLAC, or SPIRES, or any sane person. However, this is a good way to bring things to my attention.

I'll try to check here regularly, but any corrections/problems/questions, should continue to go to our official email address.

No comments: